problem with $HOME/.dmrc permissions

Hi All,

       I was playing about with the permissions of my $home folder the other day, and accidently I created a problem which occurs each time I log in.

--- Warning Window ---

"User's $HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored. The prevents the default session and language from being saved. File should be owned by user and have 644 permissions. User's $HOME directory must be owned by user and not writable by other users."

[OK]

       What steps do I need to correct this problem?!? I've checked and yes, there is indeed a file named ".dmrc" in my $HOME folder. See attached 1KB file.

       My OS is Linux Mint 5 with a menu named "Elyssa". I'm still only a newbie at this -- so I'd appreciate step-by-step instructions.

Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS
from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia -- phone (03) 6236-9675

My free website is: http://pewtas.googlepages.com  (or) http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)