Re: Subversion migration schedule (new cut-off Fri 14 July?)

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 15:34 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
> Indeed. One repository per module is the way I have been doing it.

Ok, I have no real strong opinion on it.  One large repo is just what
I'm more used to (Mono).

> However, I still feel that the multiple repositories approach will work
> best for GNOME.

I trust your judgement. :)

> As for project-wide release tags (e.g. GNOME-2-14 etc), I can see that
> it's a tempting feature, but would it really give us a day-to-day
> advantage over individual repositories all using a common branch-name
> conversion to identify them?

I guess people these days mainly use jhbuild for large GNOME builds, so
maybe it's not remotely as interesting as I think it is.  Is that what
the tinderboxes are using?  Maybe blessing jhbuild as "gnome-build" or
whatever would put me more at ease.  It just seems to me that our build
processes are very ad-hoc.  Maybe they're not documented well, maybe
they work fine and don't need to be.  I don't know, I am just rambling
at this point.

> Anyway, if I'm way off the mark, and people really do think a monolithic
> repository (or even a mixed one, where we have a repository per group of
> packages) is the correct way forward, I'll happily cancel the upcoming
> migration again until someone can come up with a more suitable
> strategy :)

Oh please no.  You're doing a great job and I am dying waiting for svn.

Joe