Re: Subversion Migration: the importance of maturity.

<quote who="Mark Galassi">

> I cought up on this thread late, but I would like to add an important
> consideration.  It is worth taking a long, hard, penetrating look at the
> main developers of Arch.  Look at their previous work.  You will see
> projects where they showed some brilliant ideas and intuitions, but also
> many projects where "follow through" did not happen.  I don't know how to
> put it any more politely than that, but I think that the point is
> important and I hope that we will not use Arch.

I don't think this is an issue, given that the only interesting branch of
'arch' these days is Bazaar, and there is an obvious roadmap in the form of
Bazaar-NG. Look at the people working on these projects, compare and
contrast.

- Jeff

--
OSCON 2005: August 1st-5th         http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/

    "Python amazes me for its concision. The current prototype is all of
       900 lines of code, yet it contains a lexer, parser (recursive
       descent), core language interpreter, and parallelizing process
                      spawner." - Raph Levien on Rebar