Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

> main reason we have not moved the to python is that we already
> have a good set of common functions for the frontends.
>
> I agree with you that the Perl and Python bindings should be an
> integral part of what we consider the "core GNOME".

Python certainly - regardless of any 'right way' its become a common way to
build gnome apps.

Perl bothers me - which perl 5.6 5.005 ... all of them are syntatically subtly
incompatible. Perl is also about a 20Mb minimum footprint on disk.