Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

Vlad Harchev wrote:
> Moreover, Ximian setup tools already use python extensively even for GUI.

Vlad,
this is not the case, XST does not use python, we use Perl for
the backends and C for the front ends.
HOWEVER, this is something that we have been considering. The
main reason we have not moved the to python is that we already
have a good set of common functions for the frontends.

I agree with you that the Perl and Python bindings should be an
integral part of what we consider the "core GNOME".

regards,
Chema