Re: GnomeDruid for Gnome 2.0

"James M. Cape" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working with jrb to fix the GnomeDruid for 2.0, and write an
> easy-to-code-for wrapper called GnomeAssistant. jrb want's
> GnomeDruidPage to become a container, and GnomeDruidPageStandard to look
> basically like the title box, green frame, and light-colored contents
> box in http://jimbob.myip.org/sshots/gnome_assistant_sshot3.png (The
> colors depend on the theme, naturally :-))
>
> The wrapper will put a GnomeDruid in a window and provide a simplified
> API for the common case, a basic linear prefs wizard. The header is
> available at
> http://jimbob.myip.org/software/gnomechat/src/assistant-win.h

I've had a look at the code and I really like the idea of using this...but
I firmly believe that we should have one stable API only....and well
decide about it now and not later down the line ;)

I'd quite like to see the best bits of both being merged into an equally
easy to use API instead of the two co-existing and developers getting
confused as to which they should and shouldn't use.

So for example, if one uses returns a container and one returns a window,
we just add an extra function ?
	ie. gnome_druid_new_with_window (...)
along with
	    gnome_druid_new (...)

[Caution: I'm probably talking crap with this example and will be
proved utterly wrong...]

In the past it was a case of GnomeDruid hacking to get something more usable
[or well at least looking pretty]...and I don't think this should ever be
the case with the GNOME 2.0 equivalent.

		Anyways...

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)