Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action)

These are two shallow items, but part of the reason I switched to GNOME were the aqua theme (hate it now) and the general excitement surrounding events on Gnotices. Gnotices suffers from a nearly-organized or at least in cahots group trying to hurt the GNOME project.

My proposal is get rid of posting on Gnotices, but some_one in the community should run an unofficial GNOME weblog__ . gnome.org_ should not have a link to it. This way serious GNOMERs and newbie GNOMER still have a place on the web to communicate, but you don't have the eyesore of posting to Gnotices connected to gnome.org. This should make everyone happy (is this to much to ask for.)

Christopher Felton

Seth Nickell wrote:

I think the idea is to kill off only the comments, not Gnotices itself.
It is a good idea to have a news site like Gnotices, but I am not sure we
need comments of the current quality as well.

I don't think there's any contention over the importance of having a news site.
To my knowledge we're pretty much discussing comments.

-Seth