Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action)

+++ Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 05:58:00PM +0200 +++
ERDI Gergo e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Matthias Warkus wrote:
>
> > I don't see people here agreeing about killing Gnotices. Maybe we
> > should run a formal vote on whether to:
> > a) continue it unchanged
> > b) require registration
> > c) instate moderation
> > d) both b) and c)
> > e) kill it off completely
>
>  I think the idea is to kill off only the comments, not Gnotices itself.
> It is a good idea to have a news site like Gnotices, but I am not sure we
> need comments of the current quality as well.

Oops, sorry. Of course I was only referring to the discussion area.

Anyway, if we kill the discussions and leave the news, we'll probably
be accused of "censorship", turning Gnotices into a
"propaganda site", what do I know... I can already vividly imagine the
unfavorable comparions to dot.kde.org we'd be going to see.

My opinion: Leave the discussions up, but require registration. Maybe
we could also grant some moderator rights to all the people with CVS
write access. A moderation scheme like the ones Slashdot, Avogato or
Everything2 feature would be complete overkill, though.

mawa
--
The coding community is not a corporate help desk or suggestions box.
We've got our reasons for things being like they are. If you're not