Re: Dan on Bowie

-----Original Message-----
From: Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com>
To: Dan "Effugas" Kaminsky <effugas@best.com>
Cc: dusk@smsi-roman.com <dusk@smsi-roman.com>; gnome-gui-list@gnome.org
<gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: Dan on Bowie

>> EXCUSE ME?  I DEDICATE MYSELF TO WORKING ON MY WEB PAGE FOR A DAY AND
THIS
>> HAPPENS?
>
>Dan: The harvesting process on my end was done yesterday. Its a closed
>book on my end, although i'd like to see what you've pulled out.

Whatever.  You pulled nothing out of the RSG?  Are you kidding me?  No,
really?  I don't mean structure, I don't mean sentences, I just mean content
wise, you didn't find a single thing of value in the RSG?

>> >So now it's down to "Only maintainers can make proposals" and
>> >"The RSG is worthless"?  Are you serious?  The more this goes on,
>> >the more embarassed I am to be a part of this whole style guide
>> >thing.
>
>As of right now, it is, yes.

Well, sorry, I don't agree with you, and neither does Frederico.  Like I
said, such disconnect is Not Good.

>> So why are you saying such gunk?  *I* think we should harvest from Tom's
>> guide what's good, and I've been saying this forever.  If you wonder WHY
>> people feel like you're disconnected, this is one reason.
>
>Work I do on my end is combined with work you do on your end. Whats so
>confusing about that?

Work Tom did on HIS end was valid, and excellent, and you just said that ALL
of the maintainers think this it isn't.

Bowie, you are most probably the only person active on this list who doesn't
think there was anything in value in Tom's work--and even then, I think
you're just saying this because you're angry at Tom.

>Not at all. Infact, I want you to disagree with me. The blending process
>among the maintainers is what puts the magic glue into the document.

Good.  Lets see if we can remain maintainers.