Re: Dan on Bowie

> EXCUSE ME?  I DEDICATE MYSELF TO WORKING ON MY WEB PAGE FOR A DAY AND THIS
> HAPPENS?

Dan: The harvesting process on my end was done yesterday. Its a closed
book on my end, although i'd like to see what you've pulled out.

> >So now it's down to "Only maintainers can make proposals" and
> >"The RSG is worthless"?  Are you serious?  The more this goes on,
> >the more embarassed I am to be a part of this whole style guide
> >thing.

As of right now, it is, yes.

> Do not be embarrassed.

Dont worry. I'm not. :)

> Bowie, it's statements like that above that *really* *really* just tweak me
> off.  You said I was a maintainer, and have equal power to you.

Yup.

> So why are you saying such gunk?  *I* think we should harvest from Tom's
> guide what's good, and I've been saying this forever.  If you wonder WHY
> people feel like you're disconnected, this is one reason.

Work I do on my end is combined with work you do on your end. Whats so
confusing about that?

> Bowie's in a tough spot.  He has to try to keep things open, but he has to
> try to keep them under control.  We have to respect that this is a difficult
> position to be in, but HE has to respect us as well.  He's trying.

Mmmmhmm.

> Hoping Bowie doesn't regret his (irreversable) decision to bring me on
> board...

Not at all. Infact, I want you to disagree with me. The blending process
among the maintainers is what puts the magic glue into the document.

Bowie