Re: RGSG - Completely configurable menu's

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 04, 1998 at 10:54:42PM +0200, Tom Vogt wrote:
> Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net> wrote:
> > The GIMP).  Of course, you'll still have to come up with a decent
> > default layout because it takes time to reconfigure everything.  Why not
> > implement something like this?
>
> my #1 reason why not is that it won't get used. EVER. not by our target
> audience, the simple user.

IMHO this is not a key issue it would become one of the much lower
compliancy levels. An average user will use a lot of programs not very
often and he will use a few programs very often. Only for the latter
programs such a configurability would be nice (for the expert user).

The average user will get 'scared' from such big re-configuration
menus/dialogs.

Ric
- Ric Klaren - ia_ric@cs.utwente.nl ------- klaren@cs.utwente.nl --------------
'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
 of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
   goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
    technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.

PGP signature