Re: System preparations for the hackfest

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell gmail com> wrote:

> For the adventurous who want to use development versions of GNOME 3.4, I
> know that Mike Hall had mentioned using the Mageia alphas (which feature
> 3.3.x builds of GNOME), and has also tried using OpenSUSE using the GNOME
> Factory repository.  Mike, have you found one of those setups easier to use
> or more reliable than the other? Any major problems?

Thanks for the blog posts, Jim.  I've used openSUSE since installing
the Official GNOME Live DVD after the Toronto hackfest and
GNOME:Factory has been pretty stable except for a few days here and
there around major structural changes.  Things are pretty stable right
now.

Mageia 2 is also nearing release, and I installed the Alpha 3 DVD in
order to run the (first?) GNOME Boxes package created by Olav Vitters.
 Both are getting stable but Mageia startup and shutdown take a long
time at the moment.

Mike