Re: gnome-user-docs master

On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 00:24 +0300, Luc Pionchon wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 21:27, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

>         You can see statuses with the yelp-check tool, which comes
>         with
>         yelp-tools. For example:
>
>          yelp-check status --pkgversion 3.2 .
>          yelp-check status --pkgversion 3.2 --totals .
>
>         Use --help for more options. Blip also tracks these statuses:
>
>         http://blip.blip-monitor.com/doc/git.gnome.org/gnome-user-docs/gnome-help/master#pages
>
> (I did not know about blip. I wonder how it overlaps with DL)

I started Blip (then Pulse) around the same time Danilo started DL.
I did take some of his early code, but the projects are completely
separate. I went crazy making a tracker for everything, whereas DL
stuck with doing translations well. Consequently, Blip is still my
little R&D project, and you all use DL for real work.

>         You can also run yelp with --editor-mode, and you'll see
>         banners
>         and flags and other stuff that tell you page statuses.
>
> I like the editor mode :)
>
> I don't have yelp-tools, but checking with grep and wc,
>
> $ ls *.page |wc -l
> 252
> $ grep status=\" *.page |wc -l
> 29
> $ grep status=\"final *.page |wc -l
> 18
>
> So unless I am mistaken, out of 252 pages, only 29 has status
> property. I think a major issue now is that so little pages are
> stamped to be useful to translators. Are there any plans to update the
> status of the pages?

grep can be misleading, because pages can have multiple revision
tags. So, for example, a page could have been marked final in 3.0,
but outdated for 3.2, like this:

  <revision pkgversion="3.0" status="final"/>
  <revision pkgversion="3.2" status="outdated"/>

If a page doesn't have a current status, it's because nobody has
reviewed it yet this release cycle. So yes, there are plans to
update the statuses, but it's all just part of our normal review
and update process, which we're behind on.

--
Shaun