Troubleshooting

Hi,
My name is Kevin and I am new to the GNOME Documentation Project. i am excited to be involved and I hope this is the proper place to be writing stuff at.

Being new, I'm not sure what has been discussed in the past and what things have been decided. But from my perspective as an end user when I used Windows for most of my life before switching to Linux a couple years ago, the main time I would refer to the documentation and manuals was when I was have a problem or error and couldn't fix by messing with it. I noticed looking at some of the user guides for the programs that they lacked a general trouble-shooting section, which I feel would be very useful to new users. Since Linux can be significantly more complicated then a PC/Mac setup and have more areas where problems can occur, it may be a good idea to highlight some of the most common problems and ways to solve them. Just an idea, I'm sure it has been brought up in the past though.

Being involved in writing for a good part of my life, I am glad I can help take part in a small way being involved in the Linux community. Yesterday i found a typo and submitted my first bug report, not a big error but it was something. I will probably focus on proof-reading and editing for the time being, but in case I were to be involved with the writing aspect, is there a simple way of determining what parts of manuals/user guides that need to be completed?