Re: New strings in gnome-system-tools

Am Samstag, den 21.08.2010, 09:50 +0200 schrieb Claude Paroz:
> Le vendredi 20 août 2010 à 12:15 +0200, Jorge González a écrit :

> > It would be nice to have a flag, an icon, or something at DL, showing
> > which manuals are outdated, so teams won't lose time translating them.
> >
> > Claude?
>
> Well, no problem technically speaking. But experience shows that this
> sort of information which has to be manually maintained is
> time-consuming and rarely up-to-date.

To decide whether a manual is out of date or not, is difficult and takes
some time, I agree. I know about some teams (Galician an Dutch anyway)
that they want to translate docs, but don't want to waste their time
with old stuff. In my mind, we can assume that all docs which have
already migrated to Mallard are up to date. Well, highly under
construction in most cases, and somewhat incomplete, but not as old as,
for example, the gnome-system-tools manuals. Wouldn't it be an idea to
mark these modules which are already include »mallardized« manuals with
a small duck symbol [1]? However, at this way we don't get really
recognizable information about the state of the docs, that's a task for
the GDP guys and girls. But it could help the teams willing to translate
manuals to make their decisions what they want to do first.

Cheers,
Mario

[1]
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-doc-utils/plain/doc/mallard/C/figures/mallard.png