Re: Conributing

Hi Sharon,

welcome to the GNOME Doc team!

2009/10/22  <sharonlavery optusnet com au>:
> My name is Sharon Lavery. I am a University student in my last year, doing my Bachelors in Business Information Systems.
>
> I would like to contribute to Gnome, in the documentation area, preferably in the GnomeLove division.
>
> Could someone please get back to me about how I can do this?

We are in the process of rewriting the GNOME User Guide, so probably
some, if not all, of the GnomeLove tasks (that basically concern the
GNOME User Guide) may be "outdated".

We are also going to use a new XML-based syntax (called Mallard), that
is in some way similar to, but easier than, Docbook.

We haven't yet planned all the writing process that will happen within
this release cycle, but if you would like to jump in, keep an eye on
the mailing list since we will announce things here.

Also, we would like to write/rewrite with Mallard, and topic-based,
the help of some applications. If you have a GNOME application that
you wold like to write the help of or you would like to help us in
writing it, please don't hesitate to ask here.

Some links that might be useful to cast some light on the things I said here:
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject
http://live.gnome.org/ProjectMallard
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Planning

Ciao.