Re: Mallardized Tetravex manual

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 20:02 +0100, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> Hi,
> here is the first draft of the Tetravex manual in Mallard. As said, a
> 1:1 copy of the existing docs. I have still a problem: The weblink in
> license.page doesn't work. What's the matter here?

Hi Mario,

Thanks for working on this.  We've generally taken the approach
of starting from scratch on Mallard documents.  This is for two
reasons.  First, topic-based help involves a different way of
thinking about the information you present.  If you start from
a manual, it will influence how you write.  Second, we've been
transitioning our documents to CC-BY-SA 3.0.  Unless you hold
the sole copyright on the work, the only way to relicense is
to start from scratch.

We haven't done any game help yet, but my vague plans for most
simple games is to start from two topics: an introduction and
a strategy page.  The introduction ("Introduction" or "Gameplay",
we can discuss that) tells you how the game is won and what you
do to get there.  The strategy page lists various tips and tricks
that can help you play better.  (Strategy pages, by the way, are
a great place to solicit contributions from users.)

Note that we generally don't include information on how to start
applications.  It's just not useful.

I'd also like to include an Accessibility page in most of our
help.  For smaller documents, this can be standalone page; for
larger documents, it may be a guide that links to additional
topics.  We can work with the accessibility team to see what
information they think would be useful in these pages.

--
Shaun