Empathy: No protocol installed

If you don't have any Telepathy backends installed,
the Accounts dialog gives tells you this:

  No protocol installed
  To add a new account, you first have to install
  a backend for each protocol you want to use.

Should we add a page for this?  Is this something
we can even talk about in a generic way, or is it
too distro-dependent?  Are enough distros using
PackageKit that we can talk about that?

I suspect most distros install at least the Jabber
backend by default, if they install Empathy, so
this error is probably rare.  But we might need
generic instructions for installing backends to
reference from pages for IRC or other protocols
that might not have backends installed by default.

--
Shaun