Re: Empathy survey results

Am Samstag, den 08.08.2009, 16:08 +0200 schrieb Milo Casagrande:
> This means that we should already know the questions that users would
> like to see an answer for. It could be a good idea, as a starting
> point, to write a "general" netiquette that covers some questions like
> that, and then try to collect users' suggestions about what they would
> like to read in the netiquette, and modify it accordingly.

In fact, we don't have to ask users to know about what they expect
within a manual. Just look into forums, mailing lists, irc channels...
there are enough real problems which users try to solve.

As a doc translator, I've to bother almost daily with such nonsense as
"To close this window, click on 'Close'". We shouldn't assume them as so
stupid. While translating the Glade manual, which is meant for
experienced users who wants to start with programming, I was really
disappointed about its content. No one of the strings is really usable,
there are just standards like "The window includes the following
elements". Nobody needs this, we make a fool of us with such a stuff.
It's more important to have really usable docs than to include all the
standard strings.

Best Regards,
Mario