Re: Misprint in Users Documentation

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 23:39 +0100, mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe I have found a minor misprint on the page
> http://library.gnome.org/users/user-guide/stable/overview-applications.html.en
>
> "Nautilus File Manager displays your folders and their contents. Use
> this to copy, move, classify your files; and access CDs, USB
> flashdrives, or any removable media. When you choose an item from the
> Places menu, a Nautilus File Manager window opens you show you that
> location."

Indeed.  Perhaps "...opens showing you that location."  I'm
not awfully fond of that suggestion, but at least it's not
grammatically incorrect.

The second sentence isn't too great either.  At the very
least, it's missing an "and".  A bit better:  "Use this to
copy, move, and classify your files; and to access CDs, USB
drives, or any other removable media."  (I also dropped the
cumbersome "flashdrives", which I don't think has earned
one-word status yet.  Furthermore, just saying "drives"
is more inclusive and correct; my USB *hard* drive is not
a *flash* drive.)

Would somebody like to file a bug please?

--
Shaun