Word-a-Day: email

I don't expect much dissent on this one, but
you never know.

email
An electronic mail message.  One word; do not hyphenate
or write as eMail.  Can be used as a noun, adjective, or
verb.  Prefer the phrase "send an email" over "email" as
a verb, although you may use "email" alone as a verb in
casual writing, when space is constrained, or when it
fits the sentence better.  You contact a person "by email",
not "with", "through", or "via" email.

If the context of email has been established, you may use
"mail" instead of "email".  For example, an email application
might use "You have new mail" as a notification.

I suspect we can all agree that "e-mail" needs to go away.
This is congruent with the current Style Guide recommendation.
Apple also agrees with us.  Interestingly, Microsoft seems to
think "e-mail" is correct.  I think Microsoft is wrong.

--
Shaun