Re: caching (was Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Help API for GNOME 2.0)

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 01:06:18PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Okay, my 2 cents on this. Most of the time spent using the
> chunking stylesheet are spent in chunking code. Until Norm cleans
> up the way he currently recomputes the prev and next links,
> it faster to use a non-chunking processing and format the full document.
>
>   Chunking may improve, but it's currently the weakest part of
> Norm's stylesheets when you consider them from a 'render on-the-fly'
> point of view. I'm unsure the user experience will be that better
> if chunking and caching is used instead of direct complete formating
> (this one can be cached too, and it's simpler to handle).

If we can avoid caching, I would be a happy guy.

So are you suggesting a simple rendering of the entire document, or
the use of the rootid param to display sub-sections?

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h), http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/