caching (was Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Help API for GNOME 2.0)

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 08:53:04PM -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:

> Do you cache chunking data or HTML?

Both, sort of. KDE caches a single file that is really all the chunked
html files run together with delimeter tags marking the beginning and
end of each sub-file.

The file is generated the first time the document is accessed (or
maybe the cache file is generated at build time, I'm not sure which -
they were debating which way to go because of speed issues) and then
their help system grabs the appropriate section and passes it to their
browser.

>  Would we need to share stylesheets.

As to sharing stylesheets, I don't know. Prolly not, but if we make
our cache files in the same way our stylesheets will be quite similar.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h), http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/