Re: question about RMB

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 11:31:37PM -0500, Dan Mueth wrote:

> First, I must admit my naivete for opposing Arlo's suggestion.  I now
> believe that "context click" is much better than any of the other options
> we've seen.

Perhaps I've yet to overcome my naivete, but I don't think this is the
best notation.  The "context click" notation assumes that the user
already knows what a context menu is, and which button they should
click on the get it.  It seems that this should be one of the main
goals of at least an introductory document.  It also doesn't "scale
up" to other uses -- for instance, you wouldn't write "...resize the
window by dragging the window border with the context click button."

> (Note: This is not a vote, it is a test to see whether we can reach a
> concensus on this.)

Sorry to be the consensus-buster, but I still prefer the button-1,2,3
notation.

-- John Kodis.