Re: GDP and docbook 4.0 ?

On 13 Jul 2000, David C. Mason wrote:

> I don't think it is wise to move to 4.x just yet. First, there are
> still some issues in it besides the stylesheets, and so far no one has
> made any packages that are easy to install... not all writers who
> contribute have the time or know-how to do it by hand.

We also need to remember that making a change imposes a burden on the
package builders as well as the writers. Until we get to a help browser
that reads sgml directly, we need to remember that the final packages
depend on package maintainers smoothly building html from sgml, and if we
make a change, we need to make it carefully, and as painless as possible
for them, too.
Cheers,
John