Help System Spec

Hi,

(Cornelius: I wasn't sure of the correct KDE / freedesktop list to send
this to.  If you want to pass it on, please do.  I'm not subscribed to
any of them so please ensure to include me as a CC in any replies,
thanks.)

A little while ago, Cornelius Schumacher sent me an old draft of a spec
for a joint help system between GNOME and KDE.  Since then, I've been
looking through, adapting it slightly and adding various bits needed by
GNOME [1].

I feel its in something approaching a decent state (well, enough for
people to look over and comment on), so I'm attaching it to this email.
It's in docbook format, so you can view it in you're favourite help
browser at you're leisure.

You will notice a lot of Note boxes within the file.  In these cases,
they're where I wasn't sure about something, wanted to add some thoughts
(but didn't seem to fit properly) or I got bored and wrote garbage ;)

Hopefully, this won't disappear into the ether and instead something
will come of it.  Any feedback and comments much appreciated.

Thanks
Don

[1] Based on what I perceive as needs and shaunm's page at
http://live.gnome.org/Yelp/Zukunft