GtkSourceView - Is it possible to create a composite language definition? (XML + Script)

I would like to create a language definition for handling Adobe Flex .mxml
files, which are a combination of XML and ActionScript
(http://blog.flexexamples.com/ has some examples of what the code looks
like). The main part of the document is XML, and is parsed fine by the
GTKSourceView XML language definition.

The question I have is- is it possible to specify that the XML language
definition should be used for the document everywhere except inside of CDATA
blocks, in which case xxxx language definition should be used? This way I
could write a language definition for ActionScript, and then have the mxml
definition use that for the CDATA blocks.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Keith