Gnome3 Design "In the Open"

Been trying to catch up on rationale / discussion of some gnome3
design decisions. Read on [1] that  "virtually all the discussion
about this has been happening on #gnome-design", and of course,
"Change in the open is hard. Design in the open is hard."

Unfortunately, I've been unable to find any logs for #gnome-design,
and a mod on the channel told me that there isn't one, so far as
he/she knows.

It seems odd - to put it kindly - to claim "virtually all"[1]
development of the gnome3 UI occurring on an unlogged IRC channel can
be considered "in the open"[1].

Not sure what can be done about this. Perhaps those who have spent
time idling in the channel could help piece together a history of the
development discussion? Perhaps a page could be added to the wiki to
help recreate lost discsussions, and those with logs could help
fill-in-the-blanks, so to speak.

Going forward, can a bot be setup to record discussions here?

Best wishes,
AM

[1] http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/on-laptop-lids-and-power-settings/