Re: [gnome-db] Prepared statements with libgda

On 3/26/07, Massimo Corà <maxcvs email it> wrote:
Hi Vivien,

> Corrections are now in SVN.
>
> Tell me if everything is Ok.

thanks for quick patch! it works fine now.

> BTW, if you don't use a dictionary, then you don't need to create one
> (even less call gda_dict_load()), just pass NULL for the dict
> argument.

I tried this way but no actions are done on db if I pass NULL for dict
parameter on gda_query_new_from_sql ().
Things change instead if I pass a

        dict = gda_dict_new();
        gda_dict_set_connection(dict, db_connection);

It works without loading the dictionary, but still requires a dict != NULL.

Yes, you're right: you need a dictionary if you want to execute the
query using gda_query_execute(). Otherwise (if you don't want to
create a dict.), you could get the SQL from the query, create a
GdaCommand and execute that command with the connection.

thanks and regards,

Cheers!