Re: [gnome-db] Gda# Changes - Gda API review

On 9/26/06, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
I had to modify the Gda.metada in order to compile the Gda# binding, this
becouse there are conflicts with _get_type and get_g_type, functions.

The changes are the following:

In GdaColumn Rename the method  SetGType to SetValueType
  In libgda the function is gda_column_set_g_type

In GdaColumn Rename method GetGType to GetValueType
  In libgda the function is gda_column_get_g_type

In GdaDictType Rename method SetGType to SetValueType
  In libgda the function is gda_dict_type_set_g_type

In GdaDictType Rename the method GetGType to GetValueType
  In libgda the function is gda_dict_type_get_g_type

GdaServerProviderHandlerInfo Rename the member GType to ValueType
  In libgda the member is GType g_type

What's the Point? You may want to change the name of that functions from
g_type to value_type, in order to have more consistency and clarify the
function action.

I'm absolutely no expert in C#, but I don't understand why there is a
naming conflict in C# when there is none in C.  Anyway I'll do the
Gda# modifications as suggested above, and keep the C API as it's now:
...get_g_type() to get the GType of something and ...get_dict_type()
to get the GdaDictType of something, and get_dbms_type() to get the
DBMS type as a string.

As an attachment, see the DIFF file I plan to commit and tell me if
there is anything wrong with it.

Thanks,