Re: [gnome-db] 1.0 plans

On Friday 15 August 2003 14:58, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems the GNOME Office 1.0 release is going to really happen. I've
> talked with Abiword and Gnumeric developers, and the first or second
> week of September is the target date so far.
>
> So, this means we need a plan before getting to 1.0. I've thought about
> the following:
>
> * From Today till Monday 25 August, development continues as we've been
> doing the last weeks. This means that new features are accepted, as long
> as they are fully implemented before the 25th. On the 25th we can do a
> 0.99.0 release.

Ok, that'll give me enough time to finish the FrontBase provider so we can
include that in the 1.0 release. Is there any other urgent work in the libgda
that needs to be carried out - if so, please let me know, so I can look
wether I can take it over.

> * On Monday 25th, we freeze for 1.0. This means I'll create a branch
> where all changes should be sent in patch form to the list, and
> accepted. We'll continue like this until September 1st or 8th, depending
> on when the GNOME Office release is made, and at that time we release
> 1.0.
> Apart from that, I'll make a new mergeant release to go with the final
> 1.0, because although mergeant is not yet in 1.0 form, I think we can
> include it in the GNOME office release.

Same here - if someone has some sort of plan on what needs to be done to get
it closer to 1.0 form - let me know, wouldn't want to hack away without
direction, but if there's any urgent TODO's ...

> So, thoughts? comments?
>
> cheers

cheers yourself ;)
Danilo