Re: jhbuild failure on openSUSE

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Christophe Fergeau
<cfergeau redhat com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 09:19:17AM -0400, Michael Hill wrote:
>> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau redhat com> wrote:
>>
>> > You need to install gudev (part of udev) from the openSUSE
>> > repositories, it probably didn't get built by jhbuild.
>>
>> Thanks, Christophe.  I already have that installed (and I don't see a
>> -devel package), but it reminds me that when I first got jhbuild
>> working for Boxes, it was necessary to download a tarball manually
>> (gudev or udev) and extract it within jhbuild before it would be
>> recognized.
>
> udev has been updated since then so the manual downloading should no
> longer be needed, but its build in jhbuild may or may not work. You want
> some development headers for it, maybe they are in udev-devel or
> something like that.

Thanks, Christophe. An openSUSE update has trashed my Network Manager,
so I'm back to Fedora where I get the same error. I have udev-devel
installed, but running autogen.sh in the gudev folder says I needed
libusb-devel (which I installed). If I install gudev to /opt/gnome
manually, Boxes fails because it would like a newer version than 147.
Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Mike