Re: boxes not working

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:35 PM, D.H. Bahr <dbahr uci cu> wrote:
> ok, so I checked and found out that I needed to install libvirt-bin
> 'cause it was not marked as package dependency.

I dont think thats a dependency or can help with the problem you were
facing before so i'm guessing it was coincidental.

> (gnome-boxes:4643): Boxes-WARNING **: wizard.vala:154: Unable to start
> domain: unsupported configuration: Domain requires KVM, but it is not
> available. Check that virtualization is enabled in the host BIOS, and
> host configuration is setup to load the kvm modules.

Right, currently you need KVM support to be able to use virtual
machines in boxes (I'm working on fixing that but its not high
priority since VMs are extremely slow without KVM):
https://live.gnome.org/Boxes/FAQ

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)