libccc 0.0.5 - a cairo canvas for GTK+

Hey hey,

  finally, I'm pleased to announce the release of libccc 0.0.5. This
releases synchronizes the version of libccc that is being used by most
of the application developers that use it. I promise, I'm doing releases
a lot more often in the future to keep you updated easier.

Download:      http://people.freedesktop.org/~herzi/libccc
Bug Tracker:   http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=criawips
API Reference: http://kenny.imendio.com/~sven/apis/libccc
Repository:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/herzi/ccc.git;a=summary

New Features:
=============

 * gradient support (your items can look really great)
 * cleaner API for view-specific data
 * a camera item that can display a canvas in a canvas (nice for
mini-maps or drop-shadows)
 * a cell renderer to display canvas items in tree and icon list widgets
 * easy API calls for rapid prototyping
 * general code quality improvements
 * rotation and scaling support for the CcPixbuf item
 * started a test suite to ensure proper behavior and check for tests
 * stacking manipulation calls

About libccc:
=============

Libccc already provides a pretty nice feature set which looked like this
before this release:
 * easy model/view split (no need for separate APIs, no need to pick one
API out of others, no need to migrate from one to another)
 * API similar to GnomeCanvas (but trying to avoid some API problems
that GC had)
 * fine-grained event control
 * generic container API (every item can be a container)
 * C and Python APIs, C# and C++ in progress, Ruby planned
 * (soo many things I consider too simple to list them here)

Libccc is still in development. There are several features scheduled for
the next release: take a look at the roadmap to see where the road of
development leads to.

Regards,
  Sven