Re: Screen magnification w/ mousewheel

Title: signature_jp_2
Hi,

Noawadays, what you search is fully accomplished in a Debian GNU/Linux.  If you install it using the dark theme, it will install MATE, an old but flexible desktop environment (old in the design but up-to-date). The magnification is then ensured via Compiz, which seems to contain the features you are searching for. Our low-vision users anyway seem happy with this distro we provide for us and say it has as many useful features as Zoomtext, and more reliable than Windows or Mac. So I oconsider these feedbacks positive enough to suggest you to have a look at this distro.

If you dont want to install a distro, see on debian how you can have computers with debian inside. It exists, and with all accessibility tools pre-installed and configured.

Note I am describing a current situation, so it is possible in the future, GNOME desktop itself to support the most advanced features for low-vision, while it is not perfect today. But it will be done I hope.

regards

Logo
                Hypra JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
102, rue des poissonniers, 75018, Paris
Facebook Hypra Twitter Hypra Linkedin Jean-Philippe