Re: accessibility testing distro - liblouisxml

Hi,

El 12/05/11 15:21, Christophe Strobbe escribió:
Hi,

I had a look at the software requests for the Accessibility Testing Distro
<http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/TestingDistro>.
The list contains liblouis, but without a link to the most recent tarball.
The most recent tarball was released 3 days ago and is available at
<http://code.google.com/p/liblouis/downloads/detail?name=liblouis-2.3.0.tar.gz&can=2&q=>.

Thanks for the info, but, since this testing distro is only for testing and developing purposes we don't really care about latest non-Gnome software, because we are focusing on gnome accessibility stack software.

In fact, liblouis and python-louis are included because they are blessed external dependencies of Orca, and Orca is the officialy screen reader of Gnome3. So, I don't have a problem with including this latest version if this latest version is packaged for our environment, in our case, openSUSE 11.4.

Would the maintainers of this distro also be willing to add liblouisxml? A
new version was released yesterday; the tarball is available at
<http://code.google.com/p/liblouisxml/downloads/detail?name=liblouisxml-2.4.0.tar.gz&can=2&q=>.
(Background: the odt2braille extension for OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice
uses both liblouisxml and liblouis.)

In contrast, and as stated on the web page you cite, "The purpose of this testing distro is test the status of the GNOME accessibility modules (or dependencies) on a GNOME 3 distro, so we feel that adding libraries and applications not included directly on the base distro, or not directly related with GNOME, are out of the scope of this initiative, taking into account the limited resources we had. We can consider those modules in the future, in a different situation." I'm afraid that liblouisxml falls into this category. While it's really exciting to have this OpenOffice/LibreOffice extension, these office suites are not part of Gnome3 and no other Gnome3 module requiring testing depends on liblouisxml.

Additionally, I'd really like to include all these things, but I'm busy in other stuff.

Take care!

--
Javier Hernández Antúnez <jhernandez emergya es>