Re: GNOME HackFest and visit to a Guadalinfo centre

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 12:47 +0200, Mario wrote:
> Dear list members,
>

> We are proud to invite all attendees to the HackFest in Seville to
> come to visit one of our Guadalinfo centres to see how we try to make
> them accessible and to receive feedback from you.
>

> If you will attend this visit, please tell us so in the Doodle poll
> link at the end of this email.
>

> The visit will be held on Tuesday October 5th at 7pm in the centre
> located at Castilleja de la Cuesta, 5km from Seville.
>

> We will provide paid transport from the Hackfest place to centre and
> back to Seville for up to 7-8 people. But more people will be able to
> attend it if the local attendees share their cars.
>

> Exact details:
>
> Departure time: around 6.40pm.
> Departure place: Hackfest area
>
> Centre to be visited: Castilleja de la Cuesta, 5km from Seville.
> Address: C/ Principe de Asturias, nº42, inside historical building
> known as Hacienda Santa Barbara
> Google Streetview
> Beside Hotel Santa Ana/Cafeteria
>
> End of the visit: around 8.30pm.
> Coming back to the Hotel Tryp macarena or where the beer fest will be
> held.
>
> Doodle link
>
> http://doodle.com/em27d2h7vapkxu67
>

> I'm looking forward to meeting you in person.

I've written a success story about the use of GNOME by the
regional government of Andalusia (Spain). I think this can help to the
attenders to the a11y hackfest to have some background about the efforts
from the Andalusian government for promoting free software, Guadalinex
Guadalinfo, etc.

Thanks to Stormy Peters, Shaun McCance and Juan Conde, chief of the
office for promoting Free Software from the Andalusia government for
reviewing the text.

Here you are:

OpenDocument format:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/282805/GNOME%20Success%20Story%3A%20%
20Andalusia.odt

PDF format:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/282805/GNOME%20Success%20Story%3A%20%
20Andalusia.pdf

Cheers,

  -- Juanjo Marin

PS1: I'm waiting for some pics to go with the document. Mario, could
send some nice pics from Guadalinfo project of happy people using
GNOME/Guadalinex with permission for publication (a creative commons
license would be great)