Re: An Open Letter to Oracle on the Topic Of Accessibility

Hi,
Here are my notes on this topic:
Sometimes I can understand the frustrations come up with
gnome-accessibility.

Let me give you an example:
It seems that yelp uses now webkit instead of gecko, which is realy bad
for a11y.
I have read some mail in orca/ubuntu list about yelp saying that this
doesn't work with orca.
Ok I am not sure if gecko can be selected by the distributors but such
decisions will break a11y on many distros.
Webkit a11y isn't ready for enduser and the main help browser should not
use it since it's ready to use with orca.
When we have an unusable help system we make it really hard for not
experienced users.

BTW.: whats the prefered audiosystem for gnome 2.29?
If this will be pulseaudio we get another example of things going bad.
Most of the reported problems are pulseaudio related since 2 years :-(.

Just my two cents.

halim