XEvie

While trying to sort out configure.ac in at-spi2-core, I came across

  http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/XEvIE

XEvIE - X Event Interception Extension

   XEvIE is a X extension providing functionalities to allow users
   intercept keyboard/mouse events.

About XEvIE
   It has been suggested that this extension should not be used because it
   is broken and maintainerless.
     * XEvIE is integrated in HEAD and was shipped with X ORG 6.8. It is
       disabled by default.
     * XEvIE has been removed from HEAD on Wed Oct 22:

at-spi2-core only cares about XEvIE in registryd/deviceeventcontroller.c.

I don't about the history of XEvIE nor how it is used - should at-spi2 use
it?

Cheers,

Patrick