GNOME Accessibility on by default, and Firefox

Hi all,

Firefox (and other apps) provides accessibility support conditionally.
This means that on GNOME it always runs a little slower for everyone,
and eats up extra resources. I wonder if we could have GNOME
accessibility turned on, but a separate setting that Firefox can check
on GNOME to tell it if the at-spi is actually being used by a client?

This matters because people outside our circle make choices about
browsers based on performance... and I think we want the most accessible
one to win ;)

cheers,
David