Re: orca problems on garnome

Alex,
The other day I took a look at the garnome docs.  They seem to be
focusing on the fedora and ubuntu distros.  You could possibly get it to
work on slackware, but you'd need to make sure that all the dependencies
were satisfied.  Even if you get garnome to build, there are other
subtle differences in the way in which slackware boots and names files.

Actually, I wish that the gnome developers would decide on a single
distro so that everyone would be more likely to achieve a favorable user
experience.

Wish I could be of more help, but my own experiences with gnome to-date
have been significantly below expectations.  When I get a working
distro/configuration, I'll be the first to publish my results along with
the approach I used to get there.

Chris