Re: Which event is generated when a widget is shown

Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Alexander:

I'm going to go under the assumption that you want to know when a window
has reached a steady state so you can compare snapshots of the same
window between separate runs of an application.

That's right.

I'm not sure there really is an AT-SPI event you can use to detect
steady state since the management of a window's contents is really up to
an application.  For example, an application can happily update a
progress bar, update the seconds on a clock, repeatedly show/hide a
button in a window, etc.

In my case the contents of the window is static, once it is shown it
does not change very much.

There's also the notion of the STATE_BUSY state of an object.  You would
be notified of changes to this via state changed events.  In my
experiences, however, I don't recall this being something one could rely
upon for the situation I'm assuming you're looking for.

I also think it's not going to help much.

I have a strong experience with GUI programming with Delphi (Lazarus &
FreePascal for Linux) where there is the OnShow event. It is generated
when the widget is shown and in most cases its contents are already
displayed(drawn). It looks like there isn't such at-spi event.

Thanks for the hints.
Alexander.