New versions of Espeak

Hi Everyone
I've just upgraded Espeak from 1.22 to 1.26 and the Espeak gnome speech driver has stopped functioning for me. I removed the old Espeak, compiled and installed the new version, and recompiled gnome- speech against Espeak 1.26. Nothing odd happened during the compile, however when I run test-speech to activate the Espeak driver, I get the following: Attempting to activate OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Espeak:proto0.3.
Driver name: eSpeak GNOME Speech Driver
Driver version: 0.3
Synthesizer name: eSpeak
Synthesizer Version: 1.26  09.Jun.07

Enter desired gender ('m' or 'f'): m

Enter desired locale, or 'all' to display all voices: all
1. default (language en)
Exception Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE: 1.0' writing '1. default (language en) Exception Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE: 1.0' creating speaker.

This is with the latest gnome speech, svn checkout date is 6/8/2007 16:34:24 MST. I'm running slackware 11 with the latest dropline gnome. Is anyone else noticing this after upgrading Espeak?