moving icons on the desktop

I have a group of icons on my desktop that I always want in a particular
order. One of those icons was deleted accidentally, but when I recreated
the link in my Desktop directory I found that the icon is now at the top
of the desktop, presumably because it comes alphabetically before the
others. I originally created the links in the order I wanted them and
that order was preserved across reboots and logins. Is there a way to
move the icon in question using the keyboard or will I need to delete
all of them and recreate them in the order I want them?

Thanks for any help,
Lorenzo
--
I've always found anomalies to be very relaxing. It's a curse.
--Jadzia Dax: Star Trek Deep Space Nine (The Assignment)