To: <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: Ubuntu on my desktop

Hi,

hank smith wrote:
what about recording applications

I haven't done much recording myself in Linux, but there is a simple sound recorder program that ships with Gnome 2.14 that seams accesssible with orca. In addition the usual text based alternatives such as arecord work nicely for recording wav files. I haven't however seen anything accessible up to the quality of Soundforge, Goldwav, etc you would find for Windows.
Smile.