Re: Gnome and Ubuntu 6.06?

Hi Thomas,

Please see http://live.gnome.org/Orca/UbuntuDapperDrake for instructions on getting Orca up and running on Ubuntu version 6.0.6 (known as the "Dapper Drake" release).

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Hi, list.
This might seam like a really stupid question, but I have been hearing allot about Ubuntu Linux which I'd like to try, and don't have a fricking clue on how to get it up and working. I have spent hours reading the Ubuntu sight and can't even find a basic install guide for it. So here is the question. What do I need to get a basic Ubuntu system up and running with gnome 2.14 and gnopernicus or orca? While I am at it it might help to tell me what disk I need the desktop, server, or other disk image. I've already got the desktop disk and can't figure how to install it nor can I find the packages on the disk so I am all screwed up with this distribution. As I said I need someone to help me with the very very very basics of even stalling, setup, and telling me what is what. I know nothing about Ubuntu and they have like 0 setup and install guides that I can find.
Any help?
Thanks.