docked window mode in GOk and SOK

SOK is simple onscreen keyboard I am writing to compliment GOK.  It is
a summer of code project.

I've been trying to implement a dock window mode for SOK like that
which GOK has.

Unfortunately my effort was met with a plethora of problems.

Support for such docked windows is unpredictable under dual screens
and can cause windows to get stuck or disappear etc.  There's not much
I can do about this but file bug reports.

Attaching GOK or SOK to an edge which has a panel attached results in
a focus "war" betwixt the two.  I'm planning to work round this by
reading the gconf keys for the panel and adjusting the placement of
SOK accordingly.  Does GOK have a solution in the pipeline?  Can
anyone think of a better way to go about this?

--
Chris Jones

jabber - skating tortoise gmail com
msn - skating_tortoise dsl pipex com