Flexible multiple AT app configuration

Hi All,

George has written a first version of a tab for Preferred Application where one can select the ATs for different categories and whether they should launch at boot.

Some people have concerns about the classification of ATs (should gnome-mag be launchable from here, is if fair to put Dasher in the 'Other' category by itself, etc.) It seems that a more flexible approach is called for.

Using Ubuntu's Add/Remove Applications as a reference point I started playing with a mock-up of a possible solution.

http://people.ubuntu.com/~henrik/images/ubuntu-add-apps.png
http://people.ubuntu.com/~henrik/images/flexi-at-conf.png

A scrolling list contains all the ATs installed on the system and a check mark next to it shows whether it starts on boot. The order of the entries can be changed, with the first entry starting first.

Applications installed on the system will appear in the list automatically and the user can add custom applications to the list with the Add button. These can also be removed with the Remove button. For system-installed applications the Remove button is greyed out.

The Start button launches the application directly and the Configure button opens the application configuration window, both if applicable.

Clicking the Add button opens the gnome dialog used to add application launchers to the panel: http://people.ubuntu.com/~henrik/images/add-to-panel.png (or we may need a version with a few extra options like command for config panel)

This is again fairly AT-specific so my inclination would be to place it back under Assistive Technology Preferences instead of Preferred Applications.

Henrik