Re: [g-a-devel] Relationships code example in AtkGuide

Hi Alan,

Thanks for pointing this out, we probably should update the wiki page in the relationship section and add links to http://library.gnome.org/devel/atk/ pages.

Li
On 06/ 3/10 05:08 AM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
I spent some time over the last week trying to repair a GTK application
that manually creates it's UI (i.e. calls to gtk libraries to place
widgets, not a glade-generated UI), including among other things fixing
it's accessibility metadata.  (I'm sure some users will be crushed when
it no longer brings up a dialog with the description set to the ever
useful "AT-enabled dialog", since the previous developer had some
peculiar ideas about Accessibility Technology.)

When I was searching for documentation on setting the atk properties
correctly, whatever combination of terms I entered into google (I don't
rememeber off hand) led me to:
	http://live.gnome.org/GAP/AtkGuide/GtkAtk

Since the dialog didn't have relationships set between the labels and
the input fields, I started following the example code shown under
	3. Label widgets by establishing a relationship

and quickly realized a helper function would be easier to manage,
and guessed someone else would have made one.   Digging some more I
found the libatk docs and saw that it already provides the function
atk_object_add_relationship which seems much simpler and much less
scary to new developers - is there any reason that's not listed instead
of the 5 line manual version on that wiki page?   Or is that wiki page
not the best reference any more?   If not, could it be updated to point
to the right place?   Or if it is a living document, a whole bunch of
links in it that go to dead pages would be better served by linking
to the http://library.gnome.org/devel/atk/ pages for the API instead.