Re: [g-a-devel] onboard and mousetweaks for gdm and gnome

Francesco Fumanti wrote:
> 2. MouseTweaks
>
> Mousetweaks is an utility to add new fonctionalities to the pointer.
> It provides:
>
> - An optional capture area on the panel: if the pointer moves into
> that area, it gets trapped and the user has to enter a determined key
> combination to release the pointer.
>
> - The "delay click": it is an additional way to open the contextual
> menu, namely by keeping the left mousebutton pressed without moving
> the pointer for a determined time.
>
> - The "dwell click": it is a way to perform a single click, double
> click, drag click and right click automatically without having to
> click with a hardware button. It is in fact a click performed by
> software at the location of the pointer, when the pointer remains
> motionless for a determined time. It is considered an accessibility
> feature and as far as I know, GNOME does not currently provide any
> way to do a dwell click. (It is this fonctionality that you can see
> on the picture of the site indicated by the first link of this email.)
>

> Mousetweaks implementation was started as a GSoC 07 project for
> Ubuntu by Gerd Kohlberger:
> http://gerdk.blogspot.com/
>
> Its source code will soon be hosted on launchpad.net.
>
> Here is the page with the original specification:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Specs/MouseTweaks
>
> (I would like to point out that the gesture fonctionality indicated
> in the specification is not part of mousetweaks anymore. It has been
> moved into a separate application called chickenscratch and that is
> already hosted on launchpad: https://launchpad.net/cs But that is
> another topic.)

Hi,

I've now created a launchpad project for mousetweaks. It can be found on
https://launchpad.net/mousetweaks

The current stable release is 0.2.2. You can also checkout trunk which contains a lot of changes and
should work better with GDM.

Cheers,
Gerd.